IEC Ex Installation & Testing(IECEx COPC Modules 003 & 006)
This course covers the explosion protection aspects for installing & testing of explosion protected and associated equipment & wiring systems. It requires the ability to match equipment with that specified for a given location, whilst working safely and to installation standards — completing all necessary documentation.
It also covers the the explosion protection aspects for maintaining & testing explosion protected and associated equipment & wiring systems, including plant maintenance schemes. It requires the ability to develop & manage plant maintenance schemes, incorporating strategies for inspections/repair/overhaul/replacement including safe systems of work and following manufacturer guidelines.
These units of competency are based on various parts of IEC 60079 series.
- Prepare for installation of equipment & wiring
- Installation of equipment and wiring systems
- Prepare to carry out testing
- Carry out testing
- Complete documentation
Prior to assessment candidates sure be sure have a basic understanding and knowledge of:
- Common characteristics of explosion-protection techniques
- General requirements to work in hazardous areas
- How to observe condition of explosion-protection areas
- How to take actions to limit risk of an explosion
- Methods for compliance
- Ex certification schemes
- Ex Principles
- Explosion-protection checks
- Flameproof (Ex ‘d’) explosion-protection technique
- Increased safety (Ex ‘e’) explosion-protection technique
- Type of protection ‘n’ (Ex ‘n’)
- Intrinsic safety (Ex ‘i’) explosion-protection techniques
Course number: AS-IEC-036
Intermediate level (Good Electrical / Ex Knowledge)
All ATEC Locations (or client’s facility – subject to minimum numbers)
Classroom: 1.5 days training / 0.5 day assessment
Blended Learning: Online at own pace / 0.5 day assessment
- Qualification in a technical subject or trade credentials
- Minimum 3 yars Ex installation experience
IECEx Module 001 must be attained before this IECEx module can be awarded
Successful candidates will be awarded IECEx Certificate of Personnel Competence 003/006 by our approved IECEx Certification Body.