Hazardous Area Competency Modules CompEx Ex01 – 04
CompEx Ex 01-04 Course Overview
This course provides competence-based training and assessment for electrical and instrumentation personnel working in explosive atmospheres. Practical “hands-on” training and assessment takes place in a realistic simulated environment, giving attendees a comprehensive learning experience which is directly related to true industry setting.
- History of Explosive Atmospheres
- Standards and Directives
- General principles
- Area Classification
- Sources of ignition
- Certification and Ex Markings
- Protection Concepts
- Wiring systems & Installation methods
- Inspection and maintenance to IEC 60079-14 & 17
- EX01 – Demonstrate ability to select suitably certified equipment & complete a partial-installation of Ex d, e and n equipment.
- EX02 – Inspect & Identify installation errors on Ex d, Ex e and Ex n equipment following IEC 60079-14 requirements.
- EX03 – Demonstrate ability to select suitably certified equipment & complete a partial-installation of Ex i equipment.
- EX04 – Inspect & Identify installation errors on Ex i equipment following IEC 60079-14 requirements.
Upon completion of the CompEx Ex 01-04 course the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate installation and inspections skills in explosive atmospheres
- Understand the basics of Ex protection methods and where each may be used
- Demonstrate understanding of Ex markings
- Understand which activities are and are not allowed with regards to maintenance and repairs.
- Learning Techniques – In order to provide the highest quality training experience, this course will consist of the following instructional elements
- Instructor-led presentation – The core elements of skill will be presented and demonstrated in a classroom environment.
- Lab exercises – practical demonstrations of skill will be accomplished by the student.
- Final exam – The Final Exam will be administered via an online service. Lab Assessments will also be administered.
- Documentation – The attendee will receive an attendance certificate from ATEC. Upon successfully passing the JTL exam, attendees will receive a CompEx Certificate of Competence that is valid for 5 years.
Course number: AS-CMP-201
Electrical Installation and Inspection Personnel. Assembly manufacturers
All ATEC Training Centres (or clients premises VIA MOBILE FACILITY subject to minimum numbers)
5 Days, 8am to 4pm
Proof of electrical qualification or employer letter stating equivalent number of years experience, (reference / support / explanation of existing duties). Certification issued: Upon successful completion of Modules, Certification of Competence issued by JTLimited. Valid for 5 years All CompEx courses are based upon IEC Standards, primarily IEC 60079: Parts 10, 14 & 17 and provide certification suitable as a competency validation for persons working in explosive atmospheres
The CompEx Scheme is certified by JT Limited – who are accredited via ISO/IEC 17024:2012 Conformity Assessment General Requirements for bodies operating certification of persons who work in explosive atmospheres.
The ATEC Academy now offers a Two Steps CompEx Ex 01-04 Course Online, for more details click here.
Contact Us With Any Questions You Might Have About This Course
About ATEC Services
We focus on services related to Hazardous Area Awareness and Asset Integrity. We provide specialized safety training and inspection services for companies who deal with the world of Potentially Explosive Atmospheres. From our inception over 11 Years ago, ATEC has without a doubt, been the go-to company for hazardous area compliance around the world.
With Office’s, Training and Inspection Centers in Houston and Singapore, the group is dedicated to the safety of personnel and asset protection by supplying International NEC / IEC Electrical Cables & Hazardous Area Accessories, Atex, IECEx competence training, including CompEx assessments, facility compliance and equipment inspection services.