CompEx Ex14 - Responsible Persons
CompEx EX14 aims to assist Responsible Persons meet their legal obligations with regard to maintaining an HA register and implementing a practical approach to inspection and maintenance of equipment in potentially explosive atmospheres.
The course has been designed specifically for people who have the responsibility for; Scheduling inspections, determining inspection frequencies, grades and types of inspection.
Checking inspection team competence, reviewing inspection results and taking appropriate actions based on the inspection results.
People who would like to understand the role or wish to move in to the management or analysis of inspections would also benefit from this course.
- Appropriate Legal Requirements
- Application of relevant standards
- Requirements of 60079-14 – Annex A
- Requirements of 60079-17 – Annex B
- Ignition sources
- Explosion protection principles and techniques
- Relevant standards
- Safe working procedures for explosive atmospheres
- Inspection and Remedial Action Strategy
- Qualitative Analysis for periodic inspections
- Prioritisation of remedial actions
- Competency criteria for persons undertaking activities.
- Overview of IEC 60079-19 – repair
- Management of Inspections
- Assessment will include two multi-choice examinations
Upon completion of the CompEx Ex14 course the student will be able to demonstrate ability to;
- Understand relevant standards
- Understand Explosion protection principles and techniques
- Schedule inspections
- Determining inspection frequencies
- Determining inspection grades & types
- Prioritise remedial actions
In order to provide the highest quality training experience, this course will consist of the following instructional elements
- Instructor led presentation – The core elements of skill will be presented and demonstrated in a classroom environment.
- Final exam – The Final Exam will include two multi-choice examinations
- Documentation – The client and student will receive an attendance certificate from ATEC. Upon successfully passing the JTL exam the attendee with receive a CompEx Responsible Person Certificate that is valid for 5 years.
Course number: AS-CMP-314
Responsible Persons or Technical Persons with Executive Functions
All ATEC Training Centres (or clients premises subject to minimum numbers)
4 Days, 8am to 4pm
Engineering qualification and employer letter. Certification issued: Upon successful completion of module, Certification of Competence issued by JT Limited. Valid for 5 years All CompEx courses are based upon IEC Standards, primarily IEC 60079: Parts 10; 14 & 17 and provide certification suitable as a competency validation for persons working in explosive atmospheres
The CompEx Scheme is certified by JT Limited – who are accredited via ISO/IEC 17024:2012 Conformity Assessment General Requirements for bodies operating certification of persons who work in explosive atmospheres