CompEx ExF - NEC 505
This unit is part of training and certification for personnel who work on equipment for use in explosive atmospheres.
The training is designed to provide companies a method to raise Hazardous area awareness for their employees, with an internationally recognized competency certificate. For this reason, assessment on the knowledge delivered in the course will be an essential part of the training.
This course includes:
- NEC 505 code of practice
- API RPI 505 for Area Classification
- API RP 14 F for electrical equipment
- Hazardous Location Requirements
- Ignition sources of gas and dust
- Intro to Area Classification
- Equipment for use in explosive atmospheres
- Types of protection
- AEx Markings
Upon completion of the CompEx ExF Foundation course the student will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Basic understanding of NEC 505 – Class & Zone
- Understand the need for additional protections in HAZLOC’s
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of equipment markings.
- Understand activities that are and are not allowed in these areas/this type of equipment.
In order to provide the highest quality training experience, this course will consist of the following instructional elements
- Instructor-led presentation – The core elements of skill will be presented and demonstrated in a classroom environment.
- Final exam – The Final Exam will be administered via an online service.
- Documentation – The client and student will receive an attendance certificate from ATEC. Upon successfully passing the JTL exam, attendee with receive a certificate that is valid for 5 years.
Course number: ATEC-CMP-100 – 505
Entry Level (new to Ex and Hazardous Locations)
All Atec centers or a client premises subject to minimum numbers
2 Days, 8am to 4pm
Upon successful completion of module, Certification issued by JTL. Valid for 5 years