CompEx ExF - NEC 500
This unit is part of training and certification for personnel who work on equipment for use in explosive atmospheres.
The training is designed to provide companies a method to raise Hazardous area awareness for their employees, with an internationally recognized competency certificate. For this reason, assessment on the knowledge delivered in the course will be an essential part of the training.
- NEC 500 code of practice
- API RPI 500 for Area Classification
- API RP 14 F for class and division electrical equipment
- Hazardous Location Requirements
- Ignition sources of gas and dust
- Intro to Area Classification
- Equipment for use in explosive atmospheres
- Types of protection
Upon completion of the CompEx ExF Foundation course the student will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Basic understanding of NEC 500 – Class & Division
- Understand the need for additional protections in HAZLOC’s
- Demonstrate basic understanding of equipment markings.
- Understand activities which are and are not allowed in these areas/this type of environment
In order to provide the highest quality training experience, this course will consist of the following instructional elements
- Basic understanding of the ATEX use and ATEX equipment Directives.
- Understand the need for additional protections in Ex areas.
- Understand Ex signage and meaning of area classifications.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of Ex markings.
- Understand activities which are and are not allowed in Ex areas and on Ex equipment
In order to provide the highest quality training experience, this course will consist of the following instructional elements.
- Instructor led presentation – The core elements of skill will be presented and demonstrated in a classroom environment.
- Final exam – The Final Exam will be administered via an online service.
- Documentation – The client and student will receive an attendance certificate from ATEC. Upon successfully passing the JTL exam, attendee with receive a certificate that is valid for 5 years.
Course number: AH / AS / AD-CMP-100
Entry Level (new to Ex and Hazardous Locations)
Houston, Singapore, Dubai
2 Days, 8am to 4pm
Upon successful completion of module, Certification issued by JTL. Valid for 5 years