Virtual Responsible Person
Service from ATEC
ATEC Provides Virtual Responsible Person
IEC 60079-14 describes the knowledge and skills of responsible personnel working within potentially explosive atmospheres.
Specifically, for responsible persons (persons who are responsible for the processes involved in the design, selection, and erection of explosion-protected equipment) that they shall possess, at least, the following:
- general understanding of relevant electrical engineering;
- understanding and ability to read and assess engineering drawings;
- practical understanding of explosion protection principles and techniques;
- working knowledge and understanding of relevant standards in explosion protection;
- basic knowledge of quality assurance, including the principles of auditing, documentation, traceability of measurement, and instrument calibration.
The responsible person’s own competency (& those of operatives and designers) needs to be verified at intervals relevant to national regulations or standards or user requirements, as a basis that sufficient evidence that person(s):
- have the necessary skills required for the scope of work
- can act competently across the specified range of activities
- have the relevant knowledge and understanding of underpinning competency.
ATEC will work with our clients to provide a Hazardous Area Compliance Strategy
Often the role is left “un-appointed” within an organization, as competencies and understanding of requirements are misunderstood, however with the help of ATEC’s experience certified ‘VIRTUAL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS’ – an overarching Hazardous Area Compliance strategy/plan can be created, appointments made, competencies validated and compliance actions agreed and non-conformance closed out
Do you need help designing a compliance strategy? Contact us today!
About ATEC Services
We are a group of companies focused on services related to Hazardous Area Awareness and Asset Integrity. We provide specialized safety training and inspection services for companies who deal with the world of Potentially Explosive Atmospheres. From our inception over 11 Years ago, ATEC has without a doubt, been the go-to company for hazardous area compliance around the world.
With Office’s, Training and Inspection Centers in Houston and Singapore, the group is dedicated to the safety of personnel and asset protection by supplying International NEC / IEC Electrical Cables & Hazardous Area Accessories, Atex, IECEx competence training, including CompEx assessments, facility compliance and equipment inspection services.