ATEC Completed an ATEX Design Review on a Major Project Headed for UK North Sea
ATEC recently completed an ATEX design review on a major project headed for UK North Sea. The review covered potentially explosive atmospheres on three platforms:
- A Wellhead platform, where drilling and production will take place
- A Central processing facility, where produced gas and condensate will be processed and exported
- A Utilities and living quarters, providing accommodation, living space and services for the crew
Design Verification Process
The Design Verification process consisted of ATEC Highly Experienced Certified Engineers, reviewing each design element against the relevant standards and protection concepts required for compliant safe use.
ATEC Engineers verified that each piece of equipment selected within the process design:
- Complied with the specification laid down in the Project, Company & International Standards being followed.
- Had the appropriate certification and associated documents to meet conditions of use and fulfill the requirements of the ATEX 2014/34/EU directive
- Provision of a equipment change list detailing non conformances and specifying compliant changeout.
- Creation of a complete accurate Hazardous Area Equipment Register and supporting dossier of documentation
- ATEC carried out the Project over a duration of 12 months utilizing over 15,000 man hours – all without any Lost Time Accidents (LTA’s) or Incidents (LTI’s) in full compliance with required Client Procedures along with relevant Country & International Standards
Does your company need design review? Contact Us!
About ATEC Services
We are a group of companies focused on services related to Hazardous Area Awareness and Asset Integrity. We provide specialized safety training and inspection services for companies who deal with the world of Potentially Explosive Atmospheres. From our inception over 11 Years ago, ATEC has without a doubt, been the go-to company for hazardous area compliance around the world.
With Office’s, Training and Inspection Centers in Houston and Singapore, the group is dedicated to the safety of personnel and asset protection by supplying International NEC / IEC Electrical Cables & Hazardous Area Accessories, Atex, IECEx competence training, including CompEx assessments, facility compliance and equipment inspection services.