Hazardous Area Inspection campaign for a Malaysian O&G production/EPC company in Singapore on their VLCC conversion project to FPSO which added purpose-built topside facilities to separate, stabilize and dehydrate oil and gas drawn from subsea fields on location in Australia. Major Operator turned to ATEC to ensure an Internationally recognized Inspection was carried out to meet a rigorous safety case.
ATEC carried out a campaign of Inspections which involved the Initial 100% Detailed inspection of all electrical equipment installed within pre-determined Hazardous Areas.
- Provision of a recommendation list of punches detailing the actions required to ensure compliance to AS/NZS 60079-14/17 standards
- Provision of a recommendation list of replacement parts(BOM list)
- Corrective Action/Remediation of all non compliances
- Fully Integrated E-capture/RFID system implemented *
- * E-capture/RFID Savings – ATEC saw a 25% time saving during initial detailed inspection by using their smArTEC solution aboard the vessel
- O&G production
- H&S Compliance
- Plant reliability
Keys to success
- ATEC Standard Certification Procedures
- Competent Certified Inspectors
- Detailed Project Management
- Ability to interpret Standards and propose cost effective ALARP solutions
- Removal on intolerable Safety Risk
- Compliance with local & International standards
- Increase in reliability of plant.
- Cost savings of over 25% by digitization via SmArTEC systems
- AS/NZS 60079-14
- AS/NZS 60079-17
- AS/NZS 3000
About ATEC Services
We are a group of companies focused on services related to Hazardous Area Awareness and Asset Integrity. We provide specialized safety training and inspection services for companies who deal with the world of Potentially Explosive Atmospheres. From our inception over 11 Years ago, ATEC has without a doubt, been the go-to company for hazardous area compliance around the world.
With Offices, Training and Inspection Centers in Houston and Singapore, the group is dedicated to the safety of personnel and asset protection by supplying International NEC / IEC Electrical Cables & Hazardous Area Accessories, Atex, IECEx competence training, including CompEx assessments, facility compliance and equipment inspection services.