ATEX Verification Global EPC
ATEC have been supporting one of the largest global EPCs, providing assurance their project, comprising of seven topside structures, six connecting bridges and six jacket extensions meets international standards, directives and project specifications in relation to their use within potentially explosive atmospheres.
ATEC have been carrying out OEM Vendor Inspections on behalf of this EPC on a series of process & functional safety equipment throughout OEM facilities in USA, Europe, Middle East & Asia.
The Vendor Inspections involve FAT Testing and “Ex” Inspection of the finished installation involving 100% Detailed Inspection of all Electrical & Mechanical equipment installed.
Benefits to our client
By carrying out an Initial detailed Inspection, we are able to confirm the installation;
Has been installed as per specification laid down in the Project & International Standards being followed:
- Has been installed without damage and as per any conditions of use
- Has a comprehensive “Ex” dossier to back up full compliance “as built”
- Puts the onus on the OEM to rectify any non-conformances at source
- Provides assurance to the end user that a 3rd Party verification has been carried out by an IECEx Certified Inspection Service Facility.
- O&G production
- H&S Compliance
- Plant reliability
Keys to success
- ATEC Standard Certification Procedures
- Competent Certified Inspectors
- Detailed Project Management
- Ability to interpret Standards and propose cost effective ALARP solutions
- Removal on intolerable Safety Risk
- Compliance with company & international standards
- Overall project cost savings of over 20% by reducing re-work
- IEC 60079 SERIES
- IEC 80079 SERIES
About ATEC Services
We are a group of companies focused on services related to Hazardous Area Awareness and Asset Integrity. We provide specialized safety training and inspection services for companies who deal with the world of Potentially Explosive Atmospheres. From our inception over 11 Years ago, ATEC has without a doubt, been the go-to company for hazardous area compliance around the world.
With Offices, Training and Inspection Centers in Houston and Singapore, the group is dedicated to the safety of personnel and asset protection by supplying International NEC / IEC Electrical Cables & Hazardous Area Accessories, Atex, IECEx competence training, including CompEx assessments, facility compliance and equipment inspection services.